Definition of sheep-dip
1 : a liquid preparation of toxic chemicals into which sheep are plunged especially to destroy parasitic arthropods (such as lice, mites, keds, ticks)
2 : a coal-tar disinfectant for use about farms or on animals' wounds
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game