Definition of sheep laurel
: a dwarf shrub (Kalmia angustifolia) of the heath family that is native to northeastern North America and is poisonous to livestock and that resembles mountain laurel but has narrower leaves and smaller bright red flowers
— called also lambkill
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game