Definition of sheep laurel
: a dwarf shrub (Kalmia angustifolia) of the heath family that is native to northeastern North America and is poisonous to livestock and that resembles mountain laurel but has narrower leaves and smaller bright red flowers
— called also lambkill
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game