sheat·fish | \ ˈshētˌfish\
Definition of sheatfish
: a large elongated catfish (Silurus glanis) of central and eastern European rivers that may attain a length of 10 feet and a weight of 400 pounds and that lacks an adipose fin and has the long anal nearly confluent with the caudal broadly : any of several large catfishes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game