shan·dry·dan | \ -drēˌdan\
variants: or less commonly shandradan \ -drəˌ- \
Definition of shandrydan
1 : a chaise with a hood
2 : a rickety vehicle saw a car moving up the road, not a decayed shandrydan like the other, but a new and powerful car— John Buchan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game