shal·lu | \ ˈshaˌlü\
Definition of shallu
: any of various grain sorghums usually held to constitute a distinct variety (Sorghum vulgare roxburghii), introduced into the U.S. from India, and having slender dry stalks, large open pale yellow heads, and small hard seeds that are exposed at maturity
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game