sey·bert·ite | \ ˈsībə(r)tˌīt\
Definition of seybertite
: a basic aluminosilicate Ca(Mg,Al)3(Al,Si)4(O,OH)12 of the clintonite group consisting of calcium, magnesium, and aluminum, occurring in monoclinic crystals and foliated masses and having a reddish brown, copper red, or yellowish color and submetallic luster (hardness 4–5, specific gravity 3–3.1)
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game