sex·u·pa·ra | \ sekˈsüpərə \
variants: or less commonly sexupare \ ˈseksəˌpa(a)(ə)r \
plural sexuparae\ -üpəˌrē \ also sexupares
Definition of sexupara
1 : a parthenogenetic female producing eggs that give rise to males or to females which lay eggs requiring fertilization
2 : a sexuparous insect
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game