Definition of sewer brick
: a brick made from shale or clay, burned to a greenish blue color in a flame of low oxygen in a kiln, and used in drainage structures for the conveyance of sewage, industrial wastes, and storm water
— called also blue brick
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game