variants: or less commonly seventop \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗ \
Definition of seven-top turnip
: a stout biennial herb (Brassica septiceps) probably of European origin that produces numerous stems from a woody taproot bearing leaves that are used for greens or in salads
— called also Italian kale
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game