Definition of seven-card stud
: stud poker in which each player receives seven cards dealt two facedown and one faceup on the first round, one faceup on each of the next three rounds, and one facedown on the last round with betting following each round and a final showdown in which a player selects five of his cards as his poker hand
— called also seven-toed Pete
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game