Definition of set trigger
1 : a trigger on a rifle that may be adjusted for the amount of pressure required to pull it
2 : one of a pair of triggers on some rifles that sets the action so that a very light pull on the second trigger will fire the piece
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game