Definition of servo control
: an auxiliary aeronautical device to reinforce by an aerodynamic or mechanical relay a pilot's effort in operating a control commonly consisting of a small hinged auxiliary airfoil at the trailing edge of an aileron, elevator, or rudder
— called also Flettner control
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game