Definition of servo control
: an auxiliary aeronautical device to reinforce by an aerodynamic or mechanical relay a pilot's effort in operating a control commonly consisting of a small hinged auxiliary airfoil at the trailing edge of an aileron, elevator, or rudder
— called also Flettner control
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game