ser·pie·rite | \ ˈsərpēəˌrīt, sərˈpiˌr-\
Definition of serpierite
: a mineral (Cu,Zn,Ca)5(SO4)2(OH)6.3H2O consisting of a hydrous basic sulfate of copper, calcium, and zinc occurring in small tabular bluish green crystals and tufts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game