Definition of serpentine layerage
: a method of layering which is used chiefly with woody vines and in which the stem to be propagated is laid on the ground and covered with earth at intervals to induce rooting of the buried sections which are later separated to form new plants
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game