Definition of series limit
: the position (as of a wavelength, wave number, or frequency) in an atomic line spectrum toward which the series progresses in the ultraviolet direction and which though there is no line at this point corresponds to the limiting value of photon energy characteristic of the series
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?