Definition of seps
: a lizard of an Old World genus (Chalcides synonym Seps) of the family Scincidae having a snakelike body, very small legs, and smooth overlapping scales, and regarded as poisonous by the ancients
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game