sentence/condemn to deathidiom
Definition of sentence/condemn to death
: to officially order (someone) to be killed as punishment for a crime The jury quickly convicted her and sentenced/condemned her to death. —often used as (be) sentenced/condemned She was convicted of murder and sentenced/condemned to death.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?