Definition of sensitive brier
: any of various trailing prickly perennial herbs constituting the genus Schrankia (family Leguminosae) and having twice pinnate leaves which exhibit irritomotility and are divided into numerous leaflets, procumbent stems, and small rosy flowers in round axillary heads
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game