sen·gi | \ ˈseŋgē\
plural sengi also sengis
Definition of sengi
: a monetary unit formerly used in Congo (now Democratic Republic of the Congo) equal to ¹/₁₀₀ likuta or ¹/₁₀,₀₀₀ zaire
Note: Coins having a denomination of ten sengi were issued from 1967 to 1970.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game