send a chill/shiver up/down someone's spineidiom
Definition of send a chill/shiver up/down someone's spine
: to make someone feel very thrilled, frightened, etc. Her thrilling performance sent a chill up my spine. The very thought of encountering those people in a dark alley sends a shiver down my spine.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?