Definition of seminary priest
: a Roman Catholic priest trained and ordained at Douay, France, or some other continental seminary in the 16th and 17th centuries for mission work in England and distinguished in English penal law from a priest ordained in England during the Marian period
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game