semi·dine | \ ˈseməˌdīn, -də̇n\
Definition of semidine
: any of a group of bases that are ortho and para amino derivatives of diphenylamine and are usually formed by a molecular rearrangement of hydrazo compounds (as p -RC6H4NHNHC6H5→ p,p′-RC6H4NHC6H4NH2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game