sell one's soul (to the devil)idiom
Definition of sell one's soul (to the devil)
: to gain wealth, success, power, etc., by doing something bad or dishonest He has sold his soul (to the devil) for fame and prosperity.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game