sell (someone) onphrasal verb
sold (someone) on; selling (someone) on; sells (someone) on
Definition of sell (someone) on
: to persuade (someone) to be interested in and excited about (something) He tried to sell them on the project. —often used as (be) sold on She wasn't sold on the idea.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game