Definition of self-unloader
: a bulk cargo ship used on the Great Lakes that specializes in the hauling of limestone, sand, aggregates, coal, and sometimes grain and that is equipped with swinging booms and endless belt or chain devices permitting independence of harbor facilities
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?