Definition of self-reproof
: harsh criticism or disapproval of oneself : self-reproach felt self-reproof for her mistakes That's also what made her real, and relatable, and what Falco brought so fully to the role—that gnawing sense of self-doubt, and self-reproof, which spilled over into acts of self-destruction.— Verne Gay also : an instance or expression of self-reproof Alice discreetly shrouded his [Claude Monet's] 14 Cézannes to spare him agonised self-reproofs before the master whom he most admired. — Ross King
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game