Definition of self-management
: management by oneself of oneself or one's affairs Self-management is about finding the self-control and mastery needed to take control of one's work (e.g., to manage one's time, workflow, and communication).— Camille Preston especially : management of one's own care or well-being According to [Bree] Holtz, her team will create a cell phone app that will allow diabetes patients to transition to self-management. — Karen Rowlader —sometimes used before another noun self-management health workshops
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game