Definition of self-idolatry
: extravagant admiration for or devotion to oneself : self-worship Some admirable officials were even content to let their life's work be their monument. How quaint that seems in our age of fame junkies and self-idolatry, when for too many politicians it's all about the monument, and not nearly enough about the work.— Jeff Jacoby
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game