Definition of self-description
: the act or an instance of describing oneself … earned a postwar degree from Harvard Law School, forever beggaring his self-description as "just a country lawyer."— Kurt Andersen … he is, by self-description, the son of Vietnamese refugees …— Joyce Carol Oates also : a self-descriptive statement wrote a short self-description Her self-description of "an outright gross cynic yet total Pollyanna" seems apt. — Amanda Saxton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game