Definition of self-cultivation
: the development of one's mind or capacities through one's own efforts : self-culture The emphasis here is on education for self-cultivation rather than for jobs and on retirement and leisure rather than work.— O. B. Hardison, Jr.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?