Definition of seigneury
1a : the territory under the government of a feudal lord
b : a landed estate held in Canada by feudal tenure until 1854
2 : the manor house of a Canadian seigneur
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game