Definition of segmental duct
: the duct of a segmental organ of a vertebrate embryo especially : the duct of the pronephros that persists after the degeneration of the pronephros, receives the tubules of the mesonephros, becomes the mesonephric duct, and in lower vertebrates gives rise to the müllerian duct
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?