see·nie bean | \ ˈsēnē-\
Definition of seenie bean
: the seed of a yellow-flowered shrub (Sesbania longiflora) of southern U.S. and northern Mexico formerly used as a substitute for coffee
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game