Definition of seed snipe
: any of several South American charadriiform birds constituting the family Thinocoridae, related to the sheathbill but resembling quail in general appearance, and mainly frequenting dry inland regions
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game