variants: or less commonly sedge bird or sedge wren
Definition of sedge warbler
: a small warbler (Acrocephalus schoenobaenus) that breeds among reeds and sedges in Europe and Asia and winters in Africa, is rusty brownish above with dark centers to the feathers and buffy white below, and has a loud sweet song
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game