sec·tored disk | \ ˈsektə(r)d-\
variants: or less commonly sector disk or sector wheel
Definition of sectored disk
: a disk with alternate opaque and open sectors used in photometers to vary the brightness in a known manner
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?