sec·tion·al·ize | \ ˈseksh(ə)nəˌlīz\
Definition of sectionalize
1 : to divide into sections : make in sections especially for later assembly
2 : to divide according to geographical sections or local interests : cause to become characterized by sectionalism
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game