Definition of secondary alcohol
: an alcohol that is characterized by the group >CHOH consisting of a carbon atom holding the hydroxyl group and one hydrogen atom and attached by its other two valences to other carbon atoms in a chain or ring and that can be oxidized to a ketone
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game