Definition of secco
(Entry 1 of 2)
: the art of painting on dry plaster
seccoadjective or adverb
Definition of secco (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : short and very staccato —used as a direction in music
2 of a recitative : accompanied only by the instruments playing the continuo
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?