Definition of seaweed marquetry
: marquetry of Italian origin in the form of conventionalized small-scale foliated or twining forms somewhat resembling seaweed and used especially in late 17th century England
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game