seal someone's fateidiom
Definition of seal someone's fate
: to make the future that someone will have certain Their decision sealed her fate. Once they made their decision, her fate was sealed. Her fate was sealed by the marriage arrangement made in her youth.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game