Definition of seacoast bluestem
: a bluestem (Andropogon littoralis) of beaches and dunes of eastern North America that is very similar to and often considered a variety of the little bluestem and that is locally valued as a palatable forage grass and as an arrester of wind erosion of sandy soil
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?