Definition of seacoast bluestem
: a bluestem (Andropogon littoralis) of beaches and dunes of eastern North America that is very similar to and often considered a variety of the little bluestem and that is locally valued as a palatable forage grass and as an arrester of wind erosion of sandy soil
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game