Definition of sea wormwood
: an aromatic, somewhat woody, Eurasian perennial herb (Artemisia maritima) growing chiefly in coastal areas or in saline soil and having woolly leaves and racemose panicles of tiny heads of yellowish to reddish hermaphroditic flowers
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game