variants: or Sea Sled
Definition of sea sled
: a gliding, shallow-draft, high-powered motorboat On one of the worktables, Kelly saw the sea sled he'd be using to head up the river.— Tom Clancy, Without Remorse, 1994 —formerly a U.S. registered trademark
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game