Definition of sea lizard
1 : an amphibious lizard (Amblyrhynchus cristatus) of the Galápagos islands
2 : any of various pelagic nudibranchs that constitute the genus Glaucus, are widely distributed in warm seas, and are blue or sometimes white in color
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game