variants: or less commonly scurf pea or scurvy pea
Definition of scurfy pea
: any of several plants of the genus Psoralea especially : a bushy branched herb (P. tenuiflora floribunda) of central North America with white canescent foliage and purplish flowers in oblong spikes
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game