scrib·ism | \ ˈskrīˌbizəm\
Definition of scribism
1 : the doctrines and activities of the Jewish scribes in the time of Christ
2 : internal authoritarianism and literalistic legalism (as in religion)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game