scrape throughphrasal verb
scraped through; scraping through; scrapes through
Definition of scrape through
: to succeed at doing something but just barely He didn't study for the exam and just scraped through.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game