sclar·e·ol | \ ˈsklə(a)rēˌōl, -ˌȯl\
Definition of sclareol
: a liquid bicyclic diterpenoid alcohol C20H34(OH)2 occurring in the leaves of a clary (Salvia sclarea)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game