Definition of schefflera
: any of a genus (Schefflera) of chiefly tropical and subtropical shrubs and trees of the ginseng family having usually palmately compound leaves and including some (such as S. actinophylla synonym Brassaia actinophylla) grown indoors and in gardens
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game